Handling of personal data
At Grünenthal, we believe transparency is the foundation of trustful collaboration. Below we’ll provide you with information on how we handle your personal data when you use our Social Media Channel. Unless otherwise indicated in the following chapters, the legal basis for the handling of your personal data results from the fact that such handling is required to make available the functionalities of the Social Media Channel requested by you (Art. 6(1)(b) General Data Protection Regulation).
Using our Social Media Channel
1.1.1 Using comment-, message- or chat-functions
You can contact us directly via the comment-, message- or chat-functions available on our Social Media Channel. The information provided by you in this context will exclusively be processed for purposes of responding to you, unless other purposes are indicated in this Privacy Statement.
1.1.2 Information on side effects and quality complaints
This Social Media Channel is not intended or designed for communications regarding side effects, lack of therapeutic effect, medication errors, grey market products/counterfeit medicine, incorrect or off-label use, quality complaints and/or other issues regarding the safeness or quality of our products. We understand you may wish to report side effects or make a quality complaint. You can do this by either contacting your health care professional (e.g. physician or pharmacist) or your local health authority, or by using the reporting form on our portal dedicated to the reporting of suspected adverse drug. (https://drug-safety.grunenthal.com/ or you may directly contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you nevertheless report undesirable side effects or other issues regarding the safeness or quality of our products, we will be legally bound to deal with your communication and may have to contact you for clarification purposes. Subsequently, we may have to notify the health authorities and in this context, your information will be forwarded in pseudonymized form, that means no information by which you may be directly identified will be passed on. We may also have to forward these pseudonymized notifications to our group companies and cooperation partners, to the extent these are likewise obliged to notify their respective health authorities.
1.1.3 Using a like-button function
1.1.4 Social Media Listening
We conduct so called social media listening. Social media listening is the process of identifying and assessing what is being said about a company, individual, product or brand on social media channels. We use social media listening services exclusively on publicly accessible content to
- Perform keyword searches across social media channels;
- View the volume of conversation whenever users interact with our brand;
- View visual analytic displays of conversation trends over a specified time range;
- Search, filter and analyse conversation streams and
- Monitor publicly available opinions, statements or other interactions on social media channels from certain individuals or entities that are important for us and our business (so called thought leaders). We use the insights we receive from social media listening to
- Better understand sentiment, intent, mood and market trends as well as to better understand our customers’ or other stakeholders’ needs and thereby improve our services and products
- Identify side effects, lack of therapeutic effect, medication errors, grey market products/counterfeit medicine, incorrect or off-label use, quality complaints and/or other issues regarding the safety or quality of our products
We perform social media listening on the legal basis of the statutory permission which allows a processing that is necessary for pursuing a legitimate interest, namely the above described purposes on what we use the insights of social media listening for (Art. 6(1)(f) General Data Protection Regulation).
1.2 Transfer of data for commissioned processing
For the administration of our Social Media Channel we will to some extent use specialized service contractors for the processing of your data. We carefully select and regularly monitor such service contractors. They will only process personal data upon our instruction and strictly in accordance with our directives, based on respective data processor agreements.
1.3 Processing of data outside the EU/the EEA
Your data will partly be processed in countries outside the European Union (“EU”) or the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The respective countries may have a lower data protection level than European countries. In such cases, we will ensure that a sufficient level of protection is provided for your data, e.g. by concluding specific agreements with our contractual partners , or we will ask for your explicit consent to such processing.
1.4 Processing of personal data by the platform provider
Please note that the platform provider of this Social Media Channel will also process your personal data when you visit our Social Media Channel. For further information, please consult the privacy statement of the platform provider of this Social Media Channel.
Privacy Statement for the Use of Facebook
Privacy Statement for the Use of Instagram
Privacy Statement for the Use of LinkedIn
Privacy Statement for the Use of Twitter
Privacy Statement for the Use of Vimeo
Privacy Statement for the Use of YouTube
Privacy Statement for the Use of XING
2. Information regarding your rights
You have the following rights according to applicable data privacy laws:
- right of information about your personal data stored by us;
- right to request the correction, deletion (provided that we are not legally obliged to keep the data)or restricted processing of your personal data;
- right to object to a processing for reasons of our own legitimate interest, public interest or profiling, unless we are able to proof that compelling, warranted reasons overruling your interests, rights and freedom exist, or that such processing is done for purposes of the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- right to data portability;
- right to file a complaint with a data protection authority.
- You may revoke your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data at any time with future effect. For further information please refer to the chapters above describing the processing of data based on your consent.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please address your request to the contact form or to our company data protection officer whose contact detail you will find below.
Do you have any questions regarding our data privacy or do you wish to exercise your rights? Then please let us know! You can either use our contact form or get in touch with our company data protection team at the following address: email@example.com
Requests and complaints
If, as the data subject, you have any questions regarding our data privacy or if you do not agree with the way in which Grünenthal or persons at Grünenthal process your data you can get in touch with Grünenthal’s Global Data Protection officer by using the following email address: GlobalDataProtectionOfficer@grunenthal.com
Data Protection Supervisory Authority
You may address questions and complaints also to the Data Protection Supervisory Authority in charge:
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen
Postfach 20 04 44
4. Amendment of Privacy Statement
We may update our Data Privacy Statement from time to time and we will publish these updates on our website. They become effective upon publication So we recommend you regularly visit the site to keep yourself informed on possible amendments.
This Data Privacy Statement was last updated on September 2019.